How to set up automatic account credits and cancellation deadlines
When you collect payment for your events through OpenSports, OpenSports will issue automatic account credits if players cancel by your Cancellation Deadline! The system will completely take care of it, unless you still want to send refunds manually.
Setting Up Cancellation Deadlines
- In the Create an Event form (app or web) once you input the cost per ticket, “Collect Payment via OpenSports” will automatically be toggled ON
- You’ll then have several options to choose between for the cancellation policy process. Choose what works for you and click save.
- The players who are about to join your event will be able to see the cancellation deadline. When a player is about to join your event (on Web or App) they will be reminded about the Cancellation Deadline! If the cancellation deadline has passed, they will be reminded that if they join, they will not receive an account credit if they cancel their spot.
- If anyone cancels their RSVP within cancellation deadline, OpenSports will automatically refund them their payment via account credit to only use for events within your group. You won’t even need to click a button!
- Cancellation policies are created on an event by event basis (different events can have different cancellation policies).
- You cannot change a cancellation policy once you have created your event.
- Manually sending credits is allowed.
- Manually sending refunds back to a players’ credit card/original payment method are still allowed. However, When you send refunds (instead of account credits), you — the organization — incur the Stripe fee (normally 2.9% + $0.30) for doing so. Learn about Stripe’s fee policy on refunds.
You may want to send manual refunds:
- If you (the organizer) cancel an event, because players won’t automatically get refunded
- If there is a circumstance whereby a player requests a refund before/after an event
Read here to learn about how to easily send refunds manually.
Do players get a notification when they receive an account credit?
When players receive a credit, they will receive a message in their OpenSports chat (or email, if they are set up to receive notifications via email). In the screenshot below, you can view the different messages for different types of credits/refunds:
Questions? Send them our way to contact@Opensports.net