Collecting Payment for Your Sports and Fitness Events on OpenSports
Collecting payment for your events has never been easier (and cheaper!)
OpenSports uses a payment system called Stripe that is fully integrated with our platform (web + iOS and Android app) so you can seamlessly collect payments at a lower cost than other platforms that help you collect payment for your events.
Collecting payment through OpenSports:
In order to collect payment through OpenSports (iOS, Android, or Web), follow these steps below:
Note: the process is the same on Web. Participants can pay for your event through the web or app.
- When you are in the “Create a Game” screen, you must select the option “Specify position, team, or price” by toggling it on to green.
- You must input a Price in the Price field (such as $10).
- A field asking you to “Collect Payment via OpenSports” will appear, and you must toggle that on to green.
- If you are a first time organizer collecting payment: Your game will be pending approval from someone from OpenSports. Once it is approved, it is live and players can start joining.
Accepted Cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express (Debit not accepted at the moment).
Seeing who has paid (payments received dashboard):
You will be able to see who has RSVP’d and paid, as players join on mobile and web.
E-Transfer: Once the funds are collected on OpenSports, they will be sent to you via an electronic transfer. The e-transfer is sent to you within 36 hours of your game.
Refunds are sent manually by you, if you choose to refund a player. You may send a player a refund at any time after they have paid, through the app or the website.
Just tap on “Manage game” and you will see a list of the game attendees (See Images below). Tap on the “View Details” button and in the next screen, tap “Refund” for whoever you want to refund. That’s it!
- Post a game!
- We’ll review it, check with you on how you want to receive payouts, and approve your game. This is a one time process per account.
- Send invites, start playing and making money!
Now you’re ready to collect payment!
If you want to learn how to calculate what to charge players, when factoring in the 5% + $0.30 transaction fee, read here!
Questions? We are available every day to walk you through the steps if there are any issues. E-mail email@example.com.