Why you should collect payment through OpenSports
OpenSports uses a payment system called Stripe that is fully integrated with our platform (web + iOS and Android app) so you can seamlessly collect payments at a lower cost than other platforms, no matter if you are a massive sports organization or a small group of friends that love to play pickup!
1. No more no-shows!!
Pickup sports are historically pretty unreliable. There are often so many no-shows and it gets very frustrating).
How does OpenSports mitigate the “no-show” problem?
- Collecting payment in advance significantly reduces the number of no-shows.
- Create refund deadlines to prevent last minute drop-outs. For example, if your refund deadline is 24 hrs before the event, players will be less likely to drop out 10 hours before, because they won’t receive a refund!
- Our Automatic waitlist turns on automatically when your event fills up and works to fill spots if there are drop-outs.
- Our waitlist is much more innovative than a standard waitlist because it gives a dynamic range for the amount of time people have to RSVP. It also pauses over night. It is a relatively sophisticated system but it very easy to use for organizers and players!
“We’re eliminating cash because it causes a lot of chaos — some people show up and don’t have change and it creates a lot of problems. When they sign up and pay online it guarantees how much revenue is coming in. Otherwise, if they don’t show up, its a lost opportunity that somebody else could have taken.” — Yash, Facility Manager from Ultra Sports Center, Toronto
2. Boost player commitment, and generate recurring revenue
- OpenSports lets you easily set up memberships that are automatically managed
- You can even offer your players a variety of popular memberships types, so it’s like they have class pass to your group: punch-card style passes, monthly, annual, or seasonal memberships!
3. Low transaction fees
- Easily link your bank account to Stripe and receive automatic payouts out on a 2-day* rolling basis
- A small transaction fee (5% + $0.30) is taken from the total amount a game organizer charges per ticket
- Most payment cards are accepted, as well as Apple Pay and Google Pay for players that have Apple Pay or Google Pay enabled on their phone!
- Collecting payment in advance means less unpredictability to deal with. When players pay in advance, they will show up and your games will run at max capacity!
*Payouts vary by country. 2-day for USA, 7-day for Canada, and varies for other countries.
4. Don’t chase players for cash!
- Managing pickup should be fun and shouldn’t be such an administrative burden.
- You need solution that really streamlines and automates the process of players joining and paying for pickup games so that you/your staff have to do minimal administrative work, while knowing your games will fill up.
- Although apprehensive about switching over because a lot of players like paying with cash, they decided to start integrating OpenSports’ RSVP and payment collection system into their drop-in offerings in September 2018.
If you are worried about losing players who traditionally enjoy paying cash, or you have any more questions about collecting payment through OpenSports, contact firstname.lastname@example.org